* The tides have been really low lately....
* It's chilly out there this morning! See the steam rising from the water?
* I was able to make the kids very happy last night by making this for dinner. I guess I haven't made it in a while, and they were happy to see it on the table!
* Isn't it nice that something so little can make someone SO happy?
* I haven't watched much TV all year (no particular reason - just got out of the habit, and have been reading a lot) so when everyone is talking about DWTS, or American Idol, Lost, Glee, etc. I am clueless. Once Boston Legal went off the air, I think I just gave up!
* Paige's Coppelia rehearsal for Saturday has been canceled, and an extra one thrown in this afternoon - from 5-6 p.m. I am NOT looking forward to spending all afternoon across town and then driving home in rush hour traffic.
* I wonder if the kids will ever appreciate all the things I/we do for them?? I wonder if they think I ENJOY being in the car all the time driving them hither and yon?
* I have been trying to make plans for summer. Both kids want to go to camp, Paige wants to do a summer ballet intensive (or two), Clay will be going to Nationals, Paige wants to do tennis camp again....ugh. I just want to sleep late every day and do nothing.
* I wonder why Gus and Jack (previously known as Scout) feel the need to careen around the house like possessed felines every morning at 6:00?
(Side Note: Tim named him Jack...after the character Jack Torrance in The Shining. Don't ask!)
* I wonder how I have managed to avoid hitting them when they begin careening around the house, wrestling and knocking things over and I start yelling and throwing things at them?
* I wonder how everyone else is able to continue sleeping while I am growling and cursing and throwing things at the aforementioned crazy cats whose sole purpose in life appears to be to MAKE ME CRAZY!!
* I wonder why after running and leaping and cartwheeling through the house dodging flying paperbacks and shoes, they feel compelled to jump up on the bed (where I have finally drifted off once again) to cuddle and purr with me?