Monday, May 30, 2011

It's officially almost summer...



Today we all slept late...we lazed around the house, not doing very much at all. I had a leisurely cup of coffee and read the paper while the kids shuffled around in their pajamas.


The Boy's girlfriend came over and the kids swam in the pool and flew kites and took the dog for a walk. We had caprese sandwiches for lunch. I looked at the messy house and thought about cleaning it. I decided to be Scarlett O'Hara for the day, instead...after all, tomorrow is another day. 
I swear...we DO feed him! (All the time!)



There may have been a bit of brotherly love exhibited as only an older brother can...


Awww!







We had hamburgers and potato salad for dinner. Other than make dinner, I've done absolutely nothing all day.

And...I'm exhausted.

How can that be? How can I be so tired when I haven't done anything all day? It's 7:30 pm and I am ready for bed.

There are 4 more full days of school and 3 half-days (exams) and only one more week of ballet. 

I can't wait. 

I dream of sunny days floating on a raft in the pool...I yearn for coconut scented sandy beaches and long walks searching for shark's teeth...The smell of Noxzema soothing sunburned cheeks and shoulders...packing for camp...fireflies...cold, juicy watermelon...long, lazy, days with nothing to do...

Summer is almost (officially) here. I can't wait!





 
Blog Design by April Showers