Monday, May 2, 2011

THE most amazing, fabulous photos I've ever taken. Really.

I woke up this morning to the wonderful news about Osama Bin Laden. Shortly afterwards, whist I was insatiably perusing the internet looking for more news, I heard the sounds of eagles calling to each other outside.


We often see eagles, but it is usually in the afternoon when it is more windy and gusty. The eagles love blustery days.

I don't think I've ever seen the eagles out while the sun was rising...and there were 5-6 eagles out this morning, calling to each other from boat houses all along the lake shore. The sun was just beginning to rise, tinting the sky shades of pink and gold. Steam was rising off the water. It was peaceful and serene and beautiful. 

I quickly slipped outside with my camera and got some wonderful, almost mystical shots of the proud eagles as the sun rose behind them. I couldn't help but feel that these majestic creatures, symbols of our nation's freedom, were celebrating the news that Osama Bin Laden - the symbol of terrorism for so many - had been vanquished.

I was excited to load the photos and see how they looked...but...I had used my new eye-fi card in my camera. And, um, well...apparently, I somehow...it seems...that....

Oh shoot. I somehow managed to erase all of those wonderful, fabulous, magical pictures.

Ugh.

*sigh*

You'll just have to take my word for it - it was amazing. 

 
Blog Design by April Showers