Sunday, May 15, 2011

How to drive your mom crazy...




After a long day of driving across town during a thunderstorm, sitting for an hour whilst my daughter was in the ballet studio, and then attempting to run errands at Target and grocery shop - while it was still pouring out, and then driving to another part of town to pick my son up from a get-together with his girlfriend, I was ready for a quiet evening. I planned to curl up with my book and relax.

My sweet, sensitive, thoughtful children had another plan.

I'm guessing that the conversation went something like this:

"Hey, Princess...Mom looks tired. Let's go cheer her up!"

"Okee-Dokee, brother!"

"Let's sneak into her room like we're Seal Team Six..."


"But what if we're bothering her?"

"Aw, don't worry about it, Princess...she'll be laughing too hard to be upset with us! And besides, I'm sure she didn't really want to read her book. She'd much rather watch us squirming around on the floor. And also, we'll be dusting under her bed for her!"

"Hey, Dad's trying to read, too...should we go bug him?"

"Oh no! It's much more fun to annoy Mom!"

Well, that's how I imagine the conversation went anyway.
Maybe not.

Anyway, they were right - I WAS laughing too hard to get upset with them! And, thank goodness the camera was handy!




 
Blog Design by April Showers