Thursday, July 22, 2010

Confession is good for the soul

I have a confession to make.


I have a vice...it's not nice, and I'm sure it is terrible of me to take such delight in other people's ignorance.  But I do. 


I like to read classified ads, whether in the newspaper or on craigslist, and giggle...


Here are a few of my favorites:


"he has been treated for flees."
"she is full bread."
"for sail"
"she has been spade"
"rod iron furniture"
"it is a little warn"


Sometimes people seem to have difficulty with the breed of their animal...


Chuawa
Chiahwauaha
Daushand
Labordoodle
Great Dame


I was very confused by one ad for a dog kettle, until I saw the photo...
and I realized that they must have meant dog kennel.


As long as I am confessing, I'd better tell you that I also love watching shows like SuperNanny.  It makes me feel like the best, smartest mom in the entire world to watch this show.  When the mother starts complaining to Jo about how her three year old constantly unlocks the door and runs into the street, and she just doesn't know what to do...I know that I wouldn't need the SuperNanny to tell me to install a deadbolt up high where the child can't reach it!

When the parents start complaining to Jo about their disrespectful kids and how they just can't MAKE them go to bed, I am hmmph-ing and raising my eyebrows right along with the supernanny!  Wait a minute here - you're saying that you are 35 years old and can't make a 2 year old go to bed??!!

I'm not a perfect mom, and we all know that I have my "mommy dearest" moments...but at least I've never had to resort to asking a British nanny to help me control my own children!

So, see?  This show makes me happy.  (Of course, it also aggravates the crap out of me because I can't understand how people can be so dumb!)

Those classified ads also make me happy, because...well, come on - didn't they make you giggle a little bit too?












 
Blog Design by April Showers