Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The one where the cat has a vasectomy, the dog freaks out, and I want to go back to bed


We have been spending quite a lot of time at the veterinarian's office lately.  Lucy's ear (it's on the right in the picture...see how swollen it is?) looked very swollen and wouldn't lie down, so Tim took her in the other day.  She has a hematoma on her ear and is now taking 3 pills twice per day, plus ear drops in the ear.  The pills are fine - she'll eat anything.  Literally.  The ear drops?  Not so much.  She totally freaks out, and we are not having much fun with these ear drops.  It's very stressful, and I feel so badly for poor Lucy because her ear hurts her so much!  She is also very bummed that there will be no more swimming for at least a couple of months.  This means that whenever the kids go out to the pool she stands inside and stares forlornly and whines pathetically.  Poor baby.

Jack, the kitty pictured above, is now 6 months old and went in today for a bit of surgery.  Yep, it's the old snip-snip.  And yes, those two (Lucy and Jack) love each other and sleep together like that all the time.  We're looking forward to this little procedure calming our maniacal kitty a bit.  Perhaps he will be so mellow after his procedure that he will end up like this...
Actually, for those of you who remember Obi...doesn't that picture remind you of him?  Hee Hee....

But, I digress.

My zen-like feeling of peace and tranquility yesterday has dissipated into  headachy, scatterbrained, exhaustion.  Ugh.  Last night I tossed and turned all night long.  Every time I would start to drift off, I would snap awake thinking of some other earth shattering problem...like having to get new tennis shoes for the kids, and researching schools, and needing to schedule dentist appointments, and buying the special kind of kitty litter after Jack's surgery, and making sure C finishes his summer project for Honors English...Yeah.  Really important stuff like that.  I couldn't turn my brain off, and it was driving me crazy.

Hence, today I feel like a zombie.

Plus, yesterday I had the brilliant idea to trim a piece of my hair that was just slightly longer than the rest.  Then it was a bit shorter, so I tried to even it up...and...well, I made a bit of a mess of my hair.  And now it won't do anything.  It's gross.  So apparently I also need to schedule a haircut so that someone can yell at me for chopping at my hair and messing it all up.

Why did I do it?  I don't know....it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Anyway, yesterday morning I was feeling peaceful and calm and rested.  Today I am feeling frazzled, sleepy, headachy, and ugly.

Bah.  I think I'm going to go back to bed now.





 
Blog Design by April Showers