Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In the zone

I awoke this morning to a feeling of extraordinary contentment...



Partly I think it is because I woke up to this gorgeous sunrise.

It may also be because I have a fluffy new down comforter on the bed, and I snuggled in and slept like a baby last night.

My serenity may also be due to the fact that yesterday was a lovely day filled with sunshine and friends.  The youth group kids came over again in the afternoon and swam and went tubing.  They are a delightful group of teenagers with a very strong bond - and great senses of humor to boot!  I spent the afternoon cooking and chatting with a couple of the moms while my sweet husband was the boat driver for the teens.

I believe that a big part of my contentment stems from the fact that someone likes our house!  Whether it sells or not, it feels good to know that someone is able to see what a special place this is.  So many of the people who have walked through our home have been so critical..."Eeww, the bathrooms are so small."...."Ugh.  I couldn't possibly live in something so tiny."...etc. etc.  It feels wonderful and gratifying to know that someone, finally, likes our house.  It's true that it is small, and the bathrooms are tiny....but shouldn't people be looking outside at that amazing view, anyway?  

And finally, I feel content because the house is clean, the laundry is caught up, I made a fabulous dinner last night  (chicken florentine lasagna) and we still have three weeks of summer vacation.

Oh, I know...I know.  It won't last.  By this afternoon, there will be piles of shoes by the front door, and stacks of paper and miscellaneous items on the counter, the pet-fur-tumbleweeds will begin reproducing, the laundry will be piling up again...but I don't want to think about right now.  Right now, all is right with the world.

Right now, I'm in the zone.  I feel peaceful.  I feel content.  I feel happy.


 
Blog Design by April Showers