Monday, September 20, 2010

Girls just want to have fun...and middle-aged mommas just want some sleep!

I have come to the conclusion that I am too old for my daughter to have slumber parties any more.


When she was younger, she had sleepovers several times for her birthdays.  She had sleepovers just for the fun of having her friends over.  She had sleepovers so she and her friends could watch a movie together, or make ice cream sundaes, or just because!  I was always up for a slumber party...the girls would watch movies and sing karaoke and would usually all be sound asleep by midnight - as would I!


It's been a few years since she'd had one though, and the girls are now 13 and 14 years old.  They like to try to stay up all night now...giggling and dancing and squealing.  All.  Night.  Long.  


OK. OK...it's wasn't actually all night long.  It only seemed like it was.  They did eventually fall asleep around 2:30 AM.  And they woke up around 7:00 AM.


When I stumbled out of bed at 8:00 the next morning, groping blindly for that life-giving-elixir of coffee, I realized that I'm just too old for this.  I dragged all day long.  I took a nap.  I still felt like the living dead.  All nighters don't work for me anymore.


Either that, or we need a basement.  Stupid Florida houses without basements.  A basement would have enabled ME to sleep, and the girls to giggle and squeal to their heart's content!


Swimming in the pool...

Fencing in the pool...

Waiting for the pizza to arrive...

Still waiting...

Pizza!

"Decorating" the cakes...

Yum?

Hmmm...someone appears to be sneaking a taste of the frosting!

Good grief!
No wonder they were up all night long!

Group hug!

Group...pose?

More swimming the next morning.

Whilst I stumbled around all bleary eyed...groggily looking for coffee.

Hmmph.

 
Blog Design by April Showers