Monday, September 6, 2010

The sniffling, sneezing, aching, coughing, stuffy-head, fever post

This is how I've been feeling the past couple of days.  Sore throat, stuffy nose, fever (along with the associated chills and aches and misery), and fatigue.

I have been in bed for the past two days.
 
There's not much else to say about that.
Sick is sick.

It's not fun.

But there are a few things I am (pathetically) grateful for in the midst of my whiny, sniffling, aching, miserable lethargy...

* I am so thankful that my kids are old enough now to fend for themselves, and even to nurture and care for me a bit.

* I am grateful to the kids for keeping the house (relatively) neat and cleaning up after themselves, for bringing me cups of hot tea, for taking care of the animals, and for heading to the back of the house to watch movies together so that I could sleep.

* I am grateful that when I told them I wouldn't be able to take them to youth group last night, they didn't complain.  Instead, they texted their friends to let them know they wouldn't be there, and why.

* I am grateful to a good friend who volunteered to go miles out of her way to take C & P to youth group, and then to bring them home again.  Thank you SO MUCH, Mrs. W!!

* I am grateful that if I had to get sick it happened over a holiday weekend, when I didn't have to do anything and was able to stay at home and rest.

* I am thankful that we had enough milk and bread and frozen pizza and cereal and canned ravioli that the kids were able to fend for themselves without me needing to go to the grocery store!

And that's that.  Sorry for the semi-whiny post, but I wanted to explain why I haven't been around.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day...now my slight little burst of energy has faded and I am going back to bed...

 
Blog Design by April Showers