Thursday, September 2, 2010

LV Chang's Lettuce Wraps

Last week Mr. Wonderful and I had lunch at PF Chang's and as I inhaled  ate their wonderful lettuce wraps, I tried to figure out the ingredients in the sauce.  I wanted to try to recreate the recipe at home.



Then, I had a epiphany and decided to google it and see what I could find.  There are actually a lot of different recipes on the web that claim to be "just like" PF Chang's...I perused many of them, but after comparing ingredients I decided to try this one.


I bought all the ingredients and my sous-chef (P) and I got to work chopping and measuring...

Because I am also a glutton for punishment an overachiever, I also made a big pan (since I don't have a wok) of fried rice.

We had an Asian FEAST!

And the lettuce wraps were fabulous.  Amazing.  Delicious.  They tasted just like PF Chang's.  Seriously, they did!


Here is the recipe, if you'd like to try to make it...

Lettuce leaves (good crunchy ones)
1 lb. ground chicken (I used turkey)
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 c. pine nuts, chopped
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 hoisin sauce
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. Asian chili sauce
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
1 bunch green onions
2 tsp. sesame oil

Cook chicken in a large skillet...add onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar, and chili sauce.  Cook until the meat is crumbly and brown.  Add water chestnuts, pine nuts, and green onions.  Cook about 2 minutes, or until the onions are wilted.  Stir in the sesame oil.

Then you just scoop some of the filling into a lettuce leaf and roll it up and eat it like a taco.

Yummy.

I can't tell you how tickled I am at being able to recreate these!  Yay me!  If you are a fan of PF Chang's, and of their lettuce wraps, you should try this recipe.





 
Blog Design by April Showers