Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Today was the first official day of autumn, and it felt like it here in northern Florida.  It was a balmy 85 degrees with a gusty, blustery breeze.  The eagles hung out on the boathouse all day, calling to each other and enjoying the breezy conditions.


Since it was such a lovely day, the kids and I decided to take Lucy for a walk after they finished their homework.  Lucy started out prancing and wanting to run, but by the end of our one mile loop, she was dragging!  I think perhaps we need to get her moving a bit more often...especially now that it is so much cooler here.
It was a chamber of commerce day with big, fluffy, puffy, white clouds in the sky.

As soon as the leash came out, Lucy started doing the "Oh-boy-we're-going-for-a-walk" dance...

My elder child decided he would try to embarrass me by wearing the geekiest outfit he could find.

I'm not really sure why.

It was a valiant effort...

but I don't embarrass easily.

However, you can tell by the smirk on his face that HE thought he was hilarious.

We saw a butterfly...

(I have NO idea what those little white things are!  I didn't even see them while I was taking the picture)

and a seaplane...

and flowers...

and more flowers...

and a really pretty berry thing.

The strange looking elder child kept stopping to look for tadpoles.  Because, ya know...he's a boy.  They do that.

I was happy I had my camera with me because I was able to capture the girl doing this...

And the boy doing this

Because they thought I was busy taking pictures of flowers and clouds and stuff, they didn't even notice me taking pictures of them.

Which made me smile.

And giggle just a little.

When we returned home, Lucy drank a lot of water and dribbled it all over my kitchen floor.  I ignored it.

I was in the zone.

I decided to go out and hang with the eagles.




I tried to get a self portrait so I could show you how relaxed I was, and how much I was enjoying this beautiful, gorgeous, blustery day.

It didn't turn out so great, though.

You'll just have to take my word for it.


 
Blog Design by April Showers