Friday, September 3, 2010

The glass of Diet Coke is half full today...


I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a sore throat and a stuffy nose and realized that I had managed to catch the virus that C has had this week.  I feel miserable.

In spite of my misery, a few things have brought a smile to my face today...

like having the luxury of being able to put pajamas back on after taking my shower this morning...

and being able to climb back into bed and be lazy and indulgent all day because Mr. Wonderful is here to take care of the kids and take them to all of their activities...

and having leftover ooey, gooey, cheesy enchiladas for lunch.  Comfort food...aahhh....

and seeing that my orchid plant is blooming...
and the hibiscus plants by the front door.  These flowers always make me smile...
and watching this little guy outside my window as he puffed his throat out and tried to find a girlfriend.  I like these critters as long as they are outside...
and watching the spanish moss gently sway in the breeze...

and being able to breath again, after taking this...

and having some of this in the house (for a change), because nothing feels as good on a sore, scratchy throat when you are sick...

and seeing my girl working hard on her schoolwork...and her shadow, Lucy,  faithfully following her wherever she goes...

and catching Gus and Jack watching bugs together through the sliding glass door, their heads moving in unison as they watched the critters flying around. My favorite thing about this photo is how it looks like there is a demonic ghost kitty in the glass!

(The dirty sliding glass door didn't make me quite as happy, but we'll just ignore that for now, OK?)...


and having a couple of trashy magazines to read while I lie around in my pajamas (Thanks, Mom)...

and having a book to read, which I just picked up at Target yesterday on the recommendation of a friend (Thanks, Suzette)...

and appreciating the fact that my day of laziness and self indulgence will result in two blog posts today...

and having the ability to ignore the mess in the house (for now) and take a nap in the middle of the day...

Zzzzzzz...




 
Blog Design by April Showers