Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A pinch of this and a dash of that...

It's been a busy couple of days around here...


This morning there was a bit of excitement when a baby blue heron flew through one of the pool screens and became trapped in the pool area.  I was sleeping, so I didn't get any pictures, but Mr. Wonderful was chasing the bird around and finally trapped him and got him outside.  I'm guessing that it was a baby blue heron because there have been several around recently and Mr. W's description was a "smallish bird with a really long, sharp beak that he kept trying to stab me with."


I really wish I had been awake to get pictures of all the excitement.  I have the feeling that they might have been rather humorous!


Now Mr. Wonderful is grumbling because he has to try to patch the big hole in the screen.


Also, P is a flower in Nutcracker this year.  
She is very happy.

I am happy for her too, of course...but I can't help thinking that now, in addition to the four days a week we drive her downtown (45 minutes, each way) for classes, we will be adding a weekend trip to the studio for rehearsals.

Yay.

Also, P has been busy planning her birthday/sleepover party for this weekend.  Even though her birthday is still another week away, we thought we'd go ahead and have the party before rehearsals began!

She is excited.  

Me too.

Yay.

Just kidding...mostly...it will be fun.  We are planning her "menu" (pizza or tacos) and I am trying to decide whether to make her a special cake and then let the girls decorate it, or to be a party pooper and just buy one from Publix.

Mr. Wonderful is encouraging me to be a party pooper and order a pizza and buy a cake from Publix, but I am leaning toward being Martha Stewart-y instead and making tacos and a special cake.

It's not every day that your baby girl turns 14, you know.

And finally, I am asking you to please say a prayer for this little 7 year old girl who just had emergency surgery for a brain tumor the size of an orange.

Caroline is my nephew's little sister.  If you'd like more information on her condition, please click this link.

Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers...

 
Blog Design by April Showers