Sunday, September 26, 2010

Morning has broken

This morning I awoke to a faint light painting my ceiling with a pink and orange glow.


I tiptoed out, grabbed my camera (pausing on the way to start the coffeemaker, of course!) and walked outside.


The dock was wet with dew...


as I watched and listened to the world wake up.

A crab boat had just passed by on the other side of lake, and I heard the waves lapping at the pilings on the dock...

Off in the distance, I heard a rooster crowing triumphantly...

"Cock-a-doodle-doo"

A neighbor's dog began barking...

(Hey neighbors - Wake up!  Let your dog out!)

The birds were all waking up...rustling and calling to each other...
Even (especially?) Buddy, our cockatiel...

"Hello, Buddy. Pretty Bird...Woo Hoo...."

As the sun rose, the sunbeams pierced the clouds...


as though God were saying, "WAKE UP WORLD!"

As I heard the prehistoric bellow of a heron, croaking impatiently...

and listened to the first stirrings of the morning...

I began thinking about that pot of coffee waiting for me inside the house.

Good morning!

 
Blog Design by April Showers