Friday, September 3, 2010

Hasta La Vista, Baby

Do you see that cobweb hanging from the tree face's nose?

It's quite possible that someone who lives in this house was heard remarking that it looks like a booger hanging from his nose.

I just thought I'd share that little tidbit with you.

You're welcome.

There is absolutely no reason for the picture of St. Francis.
I just like it.

Mmm-chiladas

In yesterday's post I shared the recipe for recreating PF Chang's lettuce rolls.  I got a lot of feedback about it - I'm so glad you all liked the recipe, and I can't wait to hear if you think it is as good as we did.

I must be on an "international" kick this week, because last night I decided to do Mexican.  I had a leftover rotisserie chicken and started looking for a quick and easy recipe to use it up.  I found a really easy recipe here and decided to give it a try.  It was delicious!  Everyone loved this one, and it was just as quick and easy to make as I had hoped so I thought I'd share it.

1 pack tortillas
leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded  (approx. 2-3 cups)
1 large jar salsa
1 pt. heavy whipping cream
shredded cheese

Pre-heat oven to 375.

Spray the bottom of the pan (I used 9x11) with non-stick cooking spray, and then coat the bottom of the pan with cream.  Mix the chicken and salsa together in a bowl.  Put a heaping spoonful of the mixture (you can also add refried beans if you'd like) in the tortillas and sprinkle a bit of cheese inside.  Roll the tortillas up and place seam side down in the pan.  After all the tortillas have been filled and placed in the pan, pour the remainder of the cream over the tops and in the crevices.  Sprinkle cheese (be generous!) over the top.  Bake 20-25 minutes until all golden and bubbly.  Let sit 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!
(and if you make this one, let me know what you think!)

This is a great meal for those nights when you're not feeling so great, or have been running around like crazy and don't really feel like making dinner.  It literally took about 10 minutes to throw together, and the family loved it.  It's a winner!
 
Blog Design by April Showers