Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our daily bread


Yesterday I went and bought a new bread machine...I went to Target first, and they didn't have any (??) so then I went to WalMart, and they only had ONE!  (What's up with that?  Are bread machines passe now?  They had a huge selection online....and they had about 157 different types of George Foreman grills and coffee makers...so why the discrimination against bread makers??)

Anyway, this morning I decided to make a loaf of bread.  I followed the directions precisely (liquids first, the dry ingredients, and finally the yeast) an THIS is the result.  Huh?  A lumpy, misshapen yucky looking loaf of bread.  It didn't mix all the ingredients (if you look closely you can see the flour lumps).  I am very disappointed.  I have been perusing the troubleshooting guide in the manual trying to figure out what went wrong.  I was SO looking forward to a slice of nice, warm bread.  Oh well, at least my house smells nice.  Sigh.  Paige was asking me why I didn't just make it by hand - it's because I wanted to be able to just throw the ingredients in the machine and come home to nice, fresh baked bread....without all the time consuming steps in between - like kneading, waiting for it to rise, etc.  One stop bread making.  Yes, I am lazy like that.

In other VK news...Gus came home this morning minus his claws (and a couple of other things that got snipped), Clay started team training for Taekwondo yesterday, we had to call an electrician to repair our dining room light (it wouldn't turn on at all), Clay will be taking a boating course at the end of February,  Paige has dance competitions coming up soon, and I woke up this morning feeling yucky.

Also, I'm wondering - is blogging the new "in" thing to do?  I can't believe how many people I know who have recently started blogging.  I like it - it's a great way to stay up to date, and personally I find it therapeutic...but it's funny how EVERYONE is doing it now!  (PS, ya'll need to update more often!!)
 
Blog Design by April Showers