Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yawn.

Today has been gray and overcast and rainy - a perfect day for sleeping late, lounging around in your pajamas all day and reading a book.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do that.  Bah.  I had to get up early and take Clay to Taekwondo...
and then take Paige to Dance...
and go grocery shopping, and drive back to pick the kids up....
and finally - a visit to Chamblin's Bookmine - possibly the coolest and most amazing used bookstore in the world.  It was crowded and crazy - a madhouse!  I did manage to find a few fun sounding books, although they didn't have the one I was looking for - Gamechange.  I am dying to read that - all about the behind the scenes drama from the 2008 Presidential Campaign.  Tim laughs at me for wanting to read it because he says it is "Just a book full of gossip."  Well.  Duh!!
I have absolutely no energy.  I know that it is only 2:30, but still....I think I'm going to take a nice bubble bath, put my pajamas on, and read a book.  I had thought about making some cinnamon raisin bread, but I don't think that is going to happen today!!  In fact, I'm not even going to make dinner.  Clay has volunteered to make grilled cheese sandwiches (which Tim calls "toasted cheesies") and tomato soup for dinner.  Yummy.
Lisa....out.

UPDATE 6:06 PM:
*  I did take a bubble bath in the middle of the afternoon.  It was heavenly.  I love bubble baths.  I rarely get to take bubble baths because I have two teenagers who use up all the hot water.  
*  Even though my two teenagers are selfish buggers who use up all the hot water so their poor, long suffering chauffeur mom can never take a hot bubble bath....they DO have some rather amazing redeeming qualities:
(Exhibit A) Paige preparing the fabulous Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup that my friend Suzette gave me because she knows that I am extremely envious that she is able to shop there and I'm not.

(Exhibit B) Yummy, yummy, yummy

(Exhibit C) A sideways (oops) picture of Clay making Croque Monsieur/Grilled ham and cheese/Toasted Cheesies.

(Exhibit D) My wonderful children actually working together and GETTING ALONG while making dinner for their grateful mother....I even got the bedtray and was served dinner in bed!  Woo Hoooooo!

So, how awesome and amazing was my hot bubble bath?

(Exhibit E)  Aaaaahhhhhhh.......


By the way - yes, I do notice how yucky my bathtub looks in that photo.  I'll take care of that tomorrow.
Really.

In the meantime, I have started the literary equivalent of The Housewives of Orange County. 
It's called Tales of a Drama Queen.
Hee Hee.  Really.
 
Blog Design by April Showers