Thursday, January 28, 2010

A day in the life....

This is one of my favorite blogs.  I read it daily - because it always makes me giggle!  This "June" gal is funny, funny, funny.  The only thing is that I always feel like my blog pales in comparison....I'm just not that funny.  Oh well.  Anyway, she issued a challenge to her readers to take photos of their household at 7:57 pm tonight.  I love the idea (especially since I can't really think of anything else to blog about today - in a bit of a blogging rut!) but because tonight is Thursday night, no one will be home at 7:57 pm.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are crazy running around days for the VK's....Math tutor, Dance, and Taekwondo...today we also have an orthodontist visit and a couple of haircuts squeezed in there.  So I have decided to tweak the idea a bit, and show  our household throughout the day....
7:00 am.  Dropping Clay at school....Yelling at him to pull his dad-gum pants UP!! (an added bonus was seriously embarrassing him by taking a photo)
7:45 am.  A morning view of Doctors Lake...
8:00 am.  Buddy cheerfully starts the day with a jaunty wolf whistle or two (or two million), a lively tune, and a  "eehhh oh uuuhhh eeeee" (Hello Buddy)
8:45 am.  Gus takes a brief break from running from one end of the house to the other, jumping, leaping, twirling, gallivanting, and generally tormenting poor Chloe.
8:46 am.  Chloe tries to hide from the demonic kitten.
9:00 am.  Thomas the turtle contemplates the meaning of life....
2:15 pm.  Paige tries to ignore the papparazzi as she returns from the Math tutor...
2:20 pm.  Clay demonstrates his best Sean Penn impersonation.  Clearly, the papparazzi have crossed a line. (Look at all that hair!  Good thing he is getting his hair cut today)
2:35 pm.  A healthy, after-school snack.  OK, maybe it has a few preservatives, but hey!  It also has CALCIUM!  I DID try to tempt him with some fresh fruit, but the spaghettios were calling his name!
2;45 pm.  Paige displays the new rubber bands (purple) after a visit to the orthodontist.  Wow, that's attractive.
Sean Penn Clay practices his culinary skills as he attempts to ignore the paparazzi. (Culinary skills = opening a can, and then pushing a button on the microwave)

Meryl Streep Paige recites her memorized poem, William Blake's "Tiger, Tiger" with great dramatic flair - as only a 13 year old can do.  And cracks herself up too. 3;00 pm.
3:30 pm.  Tim and Clay after getting their hair cut.



5:50 pm.  Taking Paige to dance...


6:15 pm.  Roxy patiently waits for someone to feed her dinner.  Poor Roxy.....

6:30 pm.  Paige is at dance...Tim took Clay to Taekwondo....I am taking pictures of the moon rather than cleaning the kitchen....

7:57 pm.  Still just me at home....I am about to leave to pick Paige up from Dance...Tim is picking Clay up from Taekwondo...I have cleaned the kitchen and yelled at a cat for licking herself.  Smack, slurp, smack, slurp...it's driving me crazy!!


8:53 pm.  We are all (finally) home.  Clay has showered, and is working on FCAT Explorer...Paige is taking a shower...Tim and I are chilling with a glass of wine.  Day is done.  Good night.
The End.
 
Blog Design by April Showers