Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

On our first anniversary, Tim gave me a single red rose and promised that each year he would give me a rose for every year we were married.  Which he did...until we started getting on up there in years married, and roses started getting more and more expensive the day before Valentine's Day.  Usually, it is two weeks after our anniversary and I am dropping my oh so subtle hints, "Hmmm.....It is FEBRUARY 28th, and STILL NO ROSES!!!"  This year I was pleasantly surprised (as well as shocked and awed) to find my roses waiting when I woke up.  What's more, he even got me Valentine's Day roses, which were also waiting for me when I woke up this morning.  I usually give him a free pass for V-Day since our anniversary is only the day before.  Wow!  Now, I hate to sound like a pessimist, but am I the only one who is wondering if my dear, cheap, Dutch husband found a really good deal on roses somewhere?  You know what?  I don't care!!



Tim makes a face at the paparazzi.  Spoilsport.


Tim is off to work, and the kids and I are off to church.  We are thrilled that there isn't school tomorrow so we can sleep in!  It's looking like it will be a busy week....the youth group is doing their annual Shrove Tuesday pancake dinner and the kids also have their usual dance/taekwondo running around so that should be a fun evening for moi. (not!)  Then, Ash Wednesday servcies, THE teacher conference on Thursday....sigh.  I think I will savor tomorrow.
 
Blog Design by April Showers