Thursday, February 11, 2010


It was a beautiful sunrise this morning, and a beautiful, sunny morning...but the clouds have been creeping in all day and now it is overcast and gloomy.  And chilly. Highs in the low 50's - which is COLD here in Florida.  Lows in the 30's.  Brrr.  I am absolutely, positively, most DEFINITELY ready for spring!!


Tim and I started the day at the high school having a conference with a guidance counselor. Not "THE" conference (about the mean teacher), although we did bring that issue up.  We covered all sorts of topics such as what we should be doing for Clay's volunteer hours for the Bright Futures scholarships, whether he would be able to take a summer school Geometry course this summer at his former private school for credit, whether he should take a practice SAT, how wonderful his new Math teacher is about communicating with parents and keeping them informed, and then....we asked if something is going on with Mrs. ________, the mean and unfair Honors English teacher.  The one who called him a "deadbeat".  We mentioned the issues which are bothering us and found out who else should be at the meeting next week.  The counselor didn't really have much to say about that, although he did seem a bit shocked at some of the classroom behavior.  


Anyway, afterwards we stopped by Kohl's to buy some new jeans for Tim and then went to Costco and Whole Foods.  I love Costco.  Costco is wonderful when you have a teenage boy who eats...and eats...and eats....
You can buy a big, humongous thing of strawberries - which he dug into the second he walked in the door after school!

I even got an early Anniversary gift from my hubby....

Yay!  I can't wait to read this!  All the drama and gossip and naughtiness from the 2008 Presidential campaign!


I also love Whole Foods - in a completely different way!  WF is certainly not about saving money, but they have the most wonderful things in there!  

So....Whole Foods and Costco....you'd think we would be set with food for a while, wouldn't you?  But I'll bet you anything I'll be running to Publix in a day or two...Clay eats constantly.  Just constantly.

Speaking  of Clay, he has been sick this week with a cold.  Paige woke up this morning with a sore throat and has been feeling yucky too.  Now I have a headache and feel like I have cotton balls stuffed in my head....blech.  I hope I'm NOT getting sick - I don't have time for that!  

Boring stuff today. Sorry.  Just feeling a little down and a little blah.
 
Blog Design by April Showers