Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I don't care WHAT that ol' groundhog said....

It is February 16th - and here in Florida, that means it is almost springtime!  Because I am thoroughly sick of cold weather (yet another freeze tonight and highs in the lower 50's all week long), I went out looking for some signs of spring...
Teeny-tiny azalea buds, which will be beautiful pink azaleas in a couple of weeks....
the redbud tree has lots of little buds and ONE tiny little blossom...


And yes, I know it is much colder up North, and that ya'll have had a ton of snow and it is just miserable, and that I shouldn't be complaining.  BUT I DON'T LIVE UP NORTH!!  I live in Florida, where it is SUPPOSED to be warm.  We have had WAY too much cold weather this year and I am so, so, so , so , SO READY for spring!!


Another sign that spring is almost here?  Our black, long haired cat Chloe is shedding her winter coat (and she actually HAD a thick winter coat this year, because it has been so COLD).  There are big tumbleweeds of black fur everywhere.  I have been brushing her and brushing her and it doesn't seem to be making a difference, so today I took her in to the groomer to be clipped short.  I know, I know....I'm so mean, blah blah blah.  She'll be fine.  Sure, she'll look a little funny for a few weeks - but it's just hair.  It'll grow back.  Since she will return as a funny-looking little shaved cat who will NOT be shedding, I have been vacuuming and cleaning like crazy....and hoping that it will stay clean for a few days at least!

Tonight is the church youth group's Shrove Tuesday pancake dinner.  I am going to make a big fruit salad, and Clay is going to cook (at least until taekwondo) and Paige will help serve (after dance)...I will be the crazy, harried looking mother in the minivan mumbling and grumbling to herself as she drives children here and there, to and fro.  And back.  Again.  Doesn't that sound that fun?
 
Blog Design by April Showers