Friday, May 7, 2010

If Mama ain't happy....

In celebration of Mother's Day this weekend, I "borrowed" this idea from a couple of other blogs I read.  This one and this one.  I have taken both of their ideas and sort of "morphed" them into a Mother's Day theme.


Here are some of the things that make this mama happy...
Books.  Our house is filled with books.  Books make me happy.

The stunning sunrises we are able to see each morning.
(Even though I'd rather be sleeping)

The eagles we are lucky enough to see all the time!

Chocolate, of course - in any form!

The paper mache "self portraits" the kids made in kindergarten.

Paige's version of Monet's Waterlilies done in 3rd grade.

Clay's "angel" done in pre-k.

Paige's "turtle" (hanging over the turtle tank of course) from 1st grade.

Paige's wax hand  - age 5.

Clay's "elf"...my Christmas gift when he was in 6th grade.

This picture of my beautiful babies.  Paige was about 8 months old and Clay was 3.

The portraits of my kids painted by my wonderful and multi-talented mother.






These are the things I see in my home everyday.  They are on our bookshelves, hanging on our walls or right outside the windows.  They make me happy.


My family also makes me happy.
My husband is kind, patient (usually), loving, and funny.
My boy is sweet, funny, smart,  and the joy of my life.
My girl is smart, talented, silly, loving and ALSO the joy of my life.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who read this blog (especially my own!)

P.S.  In honor of Mother's MY Day, I am taking the weekend off.  Blog posts will be provided courtesy of my loving and generous children.  Because it's the least  they can do.  


 
Blog Design by April Showers