Monday, May 10, 2010

Creature Feature

I had a scary and traumatizing difficult night last night and didn't get much sleep.  


Tim can go to bed at night and sleep right through until the next morning.  Not me - apparently, I am one of those people who has a bladder the size of a peanut.  I am up every couple of hours.   At 2:53 a.m. I woke up to go to the bathroom, and I saw one of THESE:
I screamed and scurried calmly went to get a can of this:

Of course when I returned to the bathroom the hideous, scary, man-eating creature was gone hiding.

Naturally, I then spent the rest of the night lying in bed thinking I felt something crawling on me and afraid to go to the bathroom.  When I couldn't avoid it any longer this involved turning on every light in the bedroom and arming myself with the bug spray and inspecting every corner of the bathroom first.  

For those who are new to this blog, I have a bit of a phobia an issue with roaches.  Click here to read about the history of this phobia slight little issue.

I informed the kids this morning that it was only through my diligence and super fast reflexes that I managed to avoid being attacked by this HUGE, creepy, scary, vicious, hairy monster.  I'm still trembling at the memory of the close call.  They appeared to be appropriately impressed.

For those of you who do not live in Florida, and may be thinking "Eewww, gross, she must really be a slob to have a ROACH in her house!"....um, yeah, this is FLORIDA!  Martha bleeping Stewart could live here, and I promise you that SHE would have roaches too.  There's just no avoiding it.  But I certainly do try.  

The hideous beast has also necessitated more work for me - I am going to have to go buy a new toothbrush today and sanitize everything in the bathroom.  Because...ewwww, gross.  I don't know where the nasty thing walked, so....

Anyway, I am really dragging this morning and am now on my second cup pot of coffee, trying to dredge up the energy to scrub and sanitize my poor contaminated bathroom.  Plus, I am a little, teeny bit nervous because I don't know where Godzilla the creature is hiding.  He could jump out and attack me at any moment.

I'm armed and ready for combat though...


Wish me luck.







 
Blog Design by April Showers