Monday, May 24, 2010

Is it hot in here, or is it just me?

It's official - we have decided to list the house again and see if the market has improved any.  Our realtor will be here in an hour and a half so that we can sign the papers, and put up the sign, etc. etc.   I have been up since 7:00 cleaning.
Because, ya know....God forbid anyone should see the way we REALLY live!

I started in my son's room.  Because it is gross.  I'm STILL working on my son's room.  Because it is gross.  Truly.  You wouldn't believe the stuff I have found lurking underneath his beds.

But now, even though our realtor will be here in a little over an hour - I am blogging.  Because, for the time being anyway, I give up.

There are a couple of reasons for this.  The first one is that yesterday afternoon I went out to cut some roses and my rose bush attacked me.  Look:

OK, well it didn't turn out very well, but that is a picture of the two big red spots on my finger where thorns went in and I can't get them out.  

Not to be a crybaby or anything, but OUCH!

It hurts.

Stupid thorns.

The other reason is that my husband is being cheap Dutch and has turned the air up to 80 degrees!  Which means that as I am running around like a whirling dervish trying to make my house look like animals don't live here clean, I am sweating like crazy.

And when I try to explain (naturally, in a calm, non-shrieking way) that I am HOT, he sighs in an exasperated manner and says, "It's NOT hot in here!".  

So.  I.  quit.

Because, frankly, it's really NOT a good idea to tell a 46 year old pre-menopausal woman that it's not hot.  If you know what I mean.


(P.S.....fyi, it IS hot.  Very hot.  People don't get sweaty and irritable unless it is hot.  Right?)

 
Blog Design by April Showers