Saturday, May 1, 2010

Skyrockets in flight...Afternoon Delight!

That title got your attention, didn't it?  Well, I'm sorry to tell you that it has absolutely NOTHING to do with this blog post.  I heard that song (aah...memories of middle school) on the radio earlier and now it is stuck in my head.  I thought I'd share. :-))


Today has been crazy.  Crazy!  I'll give a brief recap, and then I am going to have a glass of wine and call it a day.


Last night the kids' youth group had a babysitting fundraiser, and Paige went home with a friend and spent the night.  I picked Paige up at 9:30, put gas in the van because it was running on fumes, and ran Clay to McDonald's for a Taekwondo carwash fundraiser. 




 Then Paige and I went to run some errands before picking Clay up and taking him to Panera's for an AP exam review session for his AP Human Geography class.  (As an aside, I have to mention how awesome this teacher is, especially since I have written so much about the heinous teacher from Hell so much.)  While he was there reviewing, Paige and I ran more errands at Target 
and then went back to Panera to (finally) have lunch and wait for Clay to finish.

While we waited, Paige indulged in a little light reading for the research paper she is working on.  She shared this little tidbit with me as I was eating my sandwich...

"Eeww...Mom, did you know that they used to take dried mummy parts and use them as drugs?"

(cough, cough, gag) 
"Umm, no I didn't."

"Gross, huh?"

Yes.  And thanks for sharing, honey!

Clay finished up around 3:30, we gave one of his friends a ride home and then - you'd THINK we'd be finished, wouldn't you?

Ha!

Nope.  We ran home to let our poor, long-suffering Lucy out, and then I took Clay over to mow the lawn at my uncle's house.  He has a business arrangement to mow his lawn every week.  Which means I have to run him over there.

Sigh.

Did I mention that the temperature was 92 degrees today?



May I just point out that our lawn has yet to be mowed - he is doing that in the morning!!  

Anyway...I'm too tired to think of anything else to say.  I'm going to have a glass of this:


1.  Yes, I know that the picture is sideways.  I'm too tired to go back and switch it.  Turn your head sideways.
2.  Mad Housewife wine?  You KNOW I had to get that!  
3.  I am SO glad I did.






 
Blog Design by April Showers