Saturday, June 26, 2010

Florida + Summer = HOT!

I'm sure I have mentioned it a time or fifty, but it is really, really, really hot here. Hot and humid.  The yard really needs some attention (the weeds are getting out of control) but it's just too hot to do anything.

Yesterday I went walking around our yard looking for weeds to pull, with Ol' Faithful (my temperamental old camera) in hand....looking for spots (oasis!) of coolness.  Or at least spots that gave the impression of coolness...











I did manage to pull a few weeds (there may have been a bit of muttering and cursing as the sweat dripped off my brow and into my eyes), and I watered my poor potted plants (I may have "accidentally" drenched myself with the hose a few times as well), and I even hung a load of sheets on the clothesline (which now smell heavenly - like sunshine and summer), but mostly I just sweated.  I finally gave up and headed for the ultimate of "cool" spots...

But the pool water was lukewarm and tepid, and really wasn't that refreshing.  There wasn't even a breath of a breeze off the lake to cool things off.

Stifling.
Steamy.
Suffocating.

Finally, I gave up and came inside to the artificially cool house and read a book.
(By the way, if you haven't read this yet - get it.  Great book!)



 
Blog Design by April Showers