Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Toads and Snakes and other creepy creatures...

I wrote another post this morning, all about various things I have seen in the news lately and how confusing and frustrating the news can be.  Unfortunately, it veered off into sounding political and I try very hard NOT to get political on here so....


So...this post has the potential likelihood of being about absolutely nothing at all.
Instead I will share some very interesting stuff....


Yesterday, whilst I was lying with an icebag on my migraine-ey head (day TWO, if you're counting) I heard a bit of a commotion over by our sliding glass door.  I sat up, and saw Jack (the kitten) attacking something.  Further examination revealed this...





I bellowed called for Paige and she came in to help me catch the little toad.

Paige:  "Eeewww.....it's skin is all lumpy!"

Me:  "Well, get a paper towel...here-try to get him into this basket..."

While Paige went to get a paper towel, so she could avoid touching the lumpy skin, Jack moved in for the "kill"...

I removed Jack (much to his dismay and consternation) and Paige the Brave and her paper towel saved the day (and the toad) and released him outside.



Where Mr. Toad swiftly hopped away to a safer environment.

You would THINK that would be enough excitement for one day, wouldn't you?  But no, when Clay got home from school he found this in our yard...

A freshly shed snake skin - this is the head.

Hmmm....that looks like a pretty large snake!


Mothballs are now scattered around the yard.

So, that was our exciting day here at the VK's.  I know I said I wasn't going to post anything political...and I'm not.  BUT, I am going to leave you with this tweet from a certain former half-term governor of Alaska.  I won't say anything about it...I think it speaks for itself.  

"Extreme Greenies:see now why we push"drill,baby,drill"of known reserves&promising finds in safe onshore places like ANWR? Now do you get it?"

Oh shoot.  I wasn't going to comment on this, but I can't help myself.

"HUH??"

OK, I'm done.





 
Blog Design by April Showers