Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I am tired, tired, tired.  I was up until 12:30 am reading this...
and it is really, really good - a sequel to this one...

which came out 10 years ago.  My memory was a bit rusty as to what happened in the previous book.  Why are authors suddenly going back and writing sequels to books that came out 10 or 20 years ago?  I like it - but boy, my memory is definitely not what it once was!  

Anyway, I am enjoying this book - apparently a little too much, since I was up so late (early?).  The problem is that I haven't been able to sleep much past about 7 or 7:30 (usually because a cat or two will climb on top of me and start purring quite loudly), so then I am just dragging the rest of the day.  I think I will have to take a melatonin tonight and try to get to sleep a bit earlier.

Speaking of books though, I just read a great book.  

I loved this book.

Tim is reading it now, and he loves it too.  I highly recommend it.

Have YOU read any good books lately?  I'd love some recommendations...

Paige comes home tomorrow - hooray! I am looking forward to having my whole family together for a few days!  Last week Clay was gone (summer camp), this week Paige is gone (youth group trip), next week Clay will be gone again (National competition for Taekwondo), and he will be gone again for two weeks at the end of July (LIT at camp).  Paige is also doing two weeks of a summer intensive for ballet - but that is local (whew!) and she might do a week at summer camp as well...if we can scrounge up the money.  In addition, both kids would love to fly out to spend a few days of one on one time with their Aunt Cookie in Colorado - but I don't know if that is going to happen!  We're running out of vacation time!  What ever happened to the "lazy days of summer"?  MY kids try to pack so much into their (brief) vacations that it wears me out!

I have been being lazy though!  I just can't seem to get motivated to do a whole lot.  Yesterday, I did run to Wal-Mart to get shampoo for the rug shampooer (please note the distinction between buying the shampoo and actually shampooing the carpet) and a few grocery type items...I made a pasta and shrimp salad for dinner because it is just too hot to have anything else right now.  I also did a load of laundry...and...hmmmm....that's about all.  Oh wait - I did pet the kitties a lot (they were in very loving moods) and I played with the Kindle and I read and I took some pictures.  Does that count?















 
Blog Design by April Showers