Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'll have a little cheese with my whine


That is the 5 day forecast for the Jacksonville area.  What it DOESN'T say is that yesterday it hit 100 degrees at the airport.  It also doesn't mention the humidity.  The heat index for today is forecast to be 108 degrees!

That's hot.  

That's miserable.

And I know it was only a few months ago that I was complaining about the cold, but...108 degrees???

Paige and I did float around in the pool for about an hour yesterday, but even that wasn't very refreshing.  The pool water felt like bathwater.  We gave up and came inside to the air conditioning.  

A rather sad thing happened yesterday.  Lucy has been spellbound by all the lizards the past few weeks.  She will stare and stare...


We thought it was so funny...until yesterday when one little green lizard was sunning himself peacefully, and then Lucy snapped...and bit the poor little fellow in half.  Poor lizard.

I wonder how Clay is faring at camp - because it's probably at least the same temperature there.  I hope those kids are getting a lot of pool time!

On another (whiny) note - I'm sick!!  Yes, I have the dreaded summer cold.  I've had a headache since yesterday and woke up with a stuffy nose and terrible sore throat.  Ugh.  I hate summer colds.

OK, enough whining.

On another (less whiny) note, my mom stopped by with puppies!


She has Biewars, a type of Yorkshire Terrier from Germany...and one of her Mommas had puppies a few weeks ago.

Aren't they just so stinking CUTE??

Puppy Breath!


Lucy was fascinated.



 
Blog Design by April Showers