Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day...and some other random stuff.

Today has been full of excitement...I took the kids to church this morning, and dropped them off - because somehow I forgot to go to the bank and get money for Paige's trip today.  So while the kids were at church I ran to the bank and got some cash, then ran home and packed a cooler with watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, waters and a sandwich for Paige's lunch...then I ran back to the church to see Paige off.


Here is the youth group before departing for.....where EVER it is that they are going!

Matt (the leader) has told the kids that they aren't sure where they will end up - they are just going to leave it up to God.  They decided to head up I-95 North...so I will clue you in as to their destination tomorrow!

(Sidenote:  Shortly after I posted this, the kids were informed that their destination is Charleston and they should be arriving in about 30 minutes so it is now safe for me to share that!)


Paige and her friend "C" wonder where they are going

Clay with his "second Mom", Ms. Whitelaw.
(and also?  Look at that gorgeous boy!  Why are the girls not all OVER him?  Seriously)

After the group hit the road, Clay begged me to go to the Croc Outlet store in St. Augustine to get him some new Crocs like Matt had.  Because I am firm in my beliefs about NOT giving in to every little whim that the kids have, ummm....yeah - we drove to St. Augustine.

I'm a pushover.


Clay's new shoes - only $15.00!!

Clay only pretended to cooperate with the paparazzi here because he thought I was only getting his feet.  

I also got something for myself -

I have been wanting one of these for a long time, and this one was only $29.99. I rationalized the purchase by telling myself that it wasn't REALLY for me, since I will use it to make yummy, delicious food for my family - so really it is a family gift.

I got one of these for Paige ($2.99)

Because we eat a lot of corn on the cob in the summer, and Paige has braces and can't eat it...

And I also picked up a new fly swatter.

Because it's Florida.  And it's summertime.  

The End.

P.S...for those wondering why Clay did not also go on the youth group trip - he has to train this week for the National Competition for TAEKWONDO next week.






 
Blog Design by April Showers