Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday...whew!

I have been battling a migraine for the past three days. I thought I had conquered it yesterday, but woke up again this morning to the evil migraine.  Ugh.  I took Clay to school (complaining about the headlights on the cars the whole way - it felt like they were stabbing me behind my eye!!) and took some medicine as soon as I got home.  The medication knocks me out, so I lost a couple of hours and got a late start this morning.  When I (finally) woke up, I felt SO much better that Paige and I decided to celebrate.  

We stopped and had lunch on the way to ballet, and shared THIS for dessert...
Fabulous, chocolatey, and definitely not on the diet!

YUM!

I am sitting here in the lobby at the ballet studio, waiting for Paige and really don't have anything else to say.  So I'll share a story Tim told me from the other day (the last time we were at ballet!!)

Tim had just finished pressure washing out by the pool, and was sitting and enjoying a well-earned (Belgian) beer.  He looked out at the lake and saw about 30 little ducks swimming peacefully around our dock.  

He was enjoying the peace and quiet, and feeling mellow when he heard the eagles flying overhead...

He looked at the lake and didn't the see the ducks.

And then...

He saw them - all of them - huddled under our dock, holding very, very still and being very quiet.

"Nope.  No ducks here."

"You see any ducks?"

"No sir, Mr. Eagle...NO DUCKS HERE!!!"

After a few minutes, the eagles flew away and all the ducks came out and resumed their normal ducky activities.

I wish I had been at home to capture this with the camera.  You'll just have to use your imagination!

 
Blog Design by April Showers