Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mommie Dearest strikes again....

The "sunrise" this morning was a bit disappointing...the sun didn't rise so much as it just became a lighter shade of gray.  Yuck.  

Maybe the cloudy, gray skies influenced my mood this morning (it really is nice to see a beautiful sunrise if I have to get up at the crack of dawn!)...I started the morning out in a great mood.  My sweet son brought me my coffee to wake me up (he does this every morning), and we scurried around until it was time to leave the house.  It was still dark when we left, and I didn't really notice what he was wearing until we were halfway to the school.  A pair of sweatpants with a hole in them?  Really?  Come on, Clay....so anyway, that is what initiated my tirade, but it certainly didn't stop there.  I berated him on his (messy) room, his hair, his homework, his study habits, his smart mouth, etc. etc. and so forth and so on.  Poor Clay.  What a way to start the day!

But?  I mean....really?  Sweatpants with a hole in them?  It's not like he doesn't have lots of really nice clothes...I WAS a teenager, I've READ about teenagers...but I really, really, REALLY do not understand them!!  This desire to fit in, to conform is just so contradictory to everything we have taught our children - and really - contradictory to their true personalities.  When does this stage end?  When do they become themselves again?  

Sigh.




Oh yeah - that's another one that just drives me crazy!  The pants hanging low, showing the boxers...ugh!  Why?  Why, why, why?  

This is my life...."Hi honey, how was school today?  Pull your pants up!"..."CLAY, dinner is ready...Pull your pants up!"..."Did you do your homework?  Pull your pants up!"..."Pull your pants up"...."Clean your room and pull your pants up!"..."Stop bugging your sister, pull your pants up"....Ugh.  Blech.  Stupid kids and their stupid pants and stupid trends and stupid CONFORMITY!!

I blame these ads:


I won't name the company, but all the kids wear their clothes.  It starts with an "A" though, and it sounds like, "smatherbombie and witch".  Mmm Hmm.  Another one of their ads has two guys and a girl, all topless and one of the guys is kissing the girl.  Gee, why would an impressionable teenage boy with hormones running amok want to emulate that??




 
Blog Design by April Showers