Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's that smell??

11:18 AM.  I am getting a late start today...last night was another one of those nights where I lie in bed thinking random thoughts (...I wonder if we could add one more day of ballet to Paige's dance schedule?...I wonder if our insurance would pay for a facelift?...Oh wait, no, I don't believe in them - it's better to grow old gracefully...We need milk....But I'm getting WRINKLES!!!...My toothbrush is looking shabby, need to get a new one....what should I make for dinner tomorrow?...I need a haircut...We need bread...Is it supposed to rain tomorrow?...Should I go to Costco or just run up to Publix?...I need to remind Clay that he is ushering in church Sunday....)  I finally fell asleep around 2:00 AM, only to wake up at 4:30 AM with MORE random thoughts bubbling around in my messed up, pre-menopausal brain.  I took Clay to school at 6:30, came home, read the paper, had more coffee...and finally realized I just wasn't going to make it!  So I went back to bed and just woke up.


I was feeling much better, until I walked in the kitchen for (yet another) cup of coffee and smelled THE SMELL.  The horrible-oh-yuck-what-in-the-world-is-that-oh-yeah-we-have-a-dog-now-smell.  What is it with dogs that makes them turn rancid practically overnight?  Oh, it is a terrible, rancid, gross smell!  And now?  My whole house smells like that.  It has infiltrated everything.  I will be spending the day swiffering and febreezing and washing Clay's comforter (where Lucy sleeps) and trying my hardest to eradicate that smell!!


At least she smells a little better now.  She doesn't smell like smelly old shoes any longer, now she just smells like a wet rug.



 
Blog Design by April Showers