Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rainy days and Sundays....

At 8:53 this morning, the phone rang (thanks Mom!!) and woke me.  Thank Goodness.  Clay was supposed to usher at church this morning.  So after the immediate panic of "Holy crap!  I can't believe I slept this late!!"I realized that it was GRAY and CLOUDY and GLOOMY outside (which is why I was able to sleep so late).  Anyway, my mom was calling to say that she wouldn't be able to make it to church because she had dropped a bottle of bleach on her toe and she thought she might have broken it.  Those of you who do not know my mom - well, um...she is a bit...um...clumsy.  Sometimes. Not all the time...but sometimes, she has two left feet.  Which - every time I hear that expression I think of this guy from the movie Best In Show.

Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with my poor mother possibly breaking her toe...but it is very, very funny.  
(If you haven't seen this movie, go out and rent it.  Hilarious!)

Anyway, a few minutes later, Clay came in asking me to feel his forehead.  He woke up with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and a low grade fever.  Poor Clay.  BUT.  Is it terrible of me to secretly feel just a teeny-tiny bit happy???  Because - this means we don't have to rush around getting ready for church.  Instead, we get to laze around in pajamas drinking coffee and reading the paper.  And by we I mean ME!!  I know, I know - terrible mother, blah blah blah. But, ya know, Clay isn't really that sick.  He just feels rotten.  He is already back in bed sleeping the comatose sleep that only a teenager can truly master.

Anyway.

Since it was about to rain, I asked the kids to throw the ball for Lucy and then to throw the ball in the pool to "de-stink-ify" her.  She had a ball.  No pun intended.  She loves her ball.  She loves the pool.  I love a tired, un-smelly dog.
Win/Win.


 
Blog Design by April Showers